CASUS is designed to support a multitude of evaluation measures for its learning activities including performance monitoring for students and of students as well as performance monitoring for general acceptance issues, for quality control and for the improvement of education measures.
Evaluations are measured by awarding points or percentage values or according to specific grading scales with results exportable in a set of report formats. For some areas, graphical representations are available of evaluation measures or upon request. Additionally, reports can be customized to meet your needs based on the guidance you provide.
Report data is provided in real time, allowing for flexible use in other applications by exporting them to MS-Excel or JPG formats.
Evaluating the Learning Process
By evaluating the achieved results, the student is given direct feedback in order to monitor his learning progress. Defining evaluation strategies allows for adaptation to the learning target through:
- Presentation of results for each CASUS case study
- Results shown as a grade, as a percentage, or as pass/ fail
- Overview of case evaluations and calculation of overall and partial grades
- Complex evaluation strategies defined as an option; i.e., taking into account the best three of five cases
Evaluating Educational Measures
The evaluation of educational measures forms the basis for a systematic and goal-oriented quality assurance and quality control of the course contents. Wide ranges of applications are available including:
- Calculation of average grades for a course or a learning group
- Acceptance questions with regard to case studies and systems
- Statistics on how the user viewed information and answered questions
- Surveys with specific questionnaires; e.g. for global study purposes (content, target achievement level, motivation, etc.)
- Central set up of standardized questionnaires with access for everyone on request
Certification of Completion
CASUS allows for certificates for each case or course to be individually designed and customized. Certificates are printable in a PDF file and processed on request in the following ways:
- Retrieval by the student
- Automatic E-mail dispatch if passed
- Central printing for the delivery of hard copies